I'm a big believer in manicured nails. Before I became a mum, I had nail extensions and nail art every two weeks (£28). Now, I don't have the time nor can justify the expenditure with having a small child - I'd much prefer to spend that money on a family day out.
However this doesn't mean you have to say goodbye to manicured nails - it's just a DIY from now on! I vowed to upkeep gorgeous nails with minimal cost...and time, and set upon a quest to find such products.
During my search I came across this Sinful Colours Professional range in Boots. If you love trying new colours then treat yourself to these little gems. Whatever colour you like, this range will have it.
I personally love the pinks, corals and reds of the nail varnish world, and don't tend to stray. What I do like to do is add overlays of shimmer varnishes to alter the base colour and a little sparkle. By doing this you can increase the colours in your collection without having to invest too much.
The varnishes are easy to apply, and what really struck me was how fast they dried - huge benefit when you have small children wandering around. I found I had to apply two coats to get the best coverage but as soon as I finished the last hand I was ready to apply the second coat. You'll be left with a gorgeous shine. I did encounter some 'chipage' after a few days, but it's that quick to dry that reapplying isn't a problem. Easy :)
The bottles are minimal in design and look really sleek on the shelves (and on my shelves too), they're a great size with an easy grip lid to make application a little easier - and all for £1.99! They're amazing value for those who want to keep nails glam and up-to-date with fashion trends. I brought these three shades in one go and just can't wait to grab some more for that price!
I was drawn in by 'Coral Island' - as a self confessed coral queen in the summer, I firmly believe no matter what you're wearing, a quick dash of coral on the old nails transforms you into a summer sensation. Add a layer of 'Glass Pink' to this equation and you have a softer, muted shade of coral (almost peachy) that oozes sparkle when in sunlight - gorgeous <3
Also purchased, 'pink'. I'm a lover of pinky colours and this one certainly makes the cut. It's a vibrant bubblegum pink shade which would brighten up the best of outfits by all accounts. But, if you like more subtle shades then add a layer of 'Glass Pink' and you'll get a more baby pink shade with shimmering sparkle. Leave 'Glass Pink' on its own for a more natural look with a subtle golden sheen upon closer inspection.
Have you discovered Sinful Colours yet? What's your favourite shade?
Struggling for time? Top Tip:
Why not ask your child to draw around the outline of their hand on paper and decorate these with glitter, gems, pens etc.Kids love to copy and be involved in what you're doing. This will keep them busy while you paint your nails - it worked a treat for me, Ava loved it.






No comments:
Post a Comment